Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mich - Long time no see !!!

Due to my holidays, I didn't post my progress anymore the last 3 weeks. But in the meantime I have of course read all of your nice posts !!!

This is what I had been stitching 3 weeks ago. As you know I took the work with me to Belgium, and managed to stitch a little there also.









And this is what I had stitched up untill last Monday. I find it so fantastic, because now I only have to stitch with blue, and even if the colours are quit similar, it's never boring.
I find it so great that I don't see a thing about the whole pattern when I'm busy stitching all the blue, but when I then look at the work from a distance, all of a sudden the shades from a tree are arizing. So amazing !!! Incredible how they can make such beautiful patterns !!!!
2 more rows to go and I have finished page 3 also. But I have to be honoust, page 3 is only half the size of a normal page, as I have landed at the end of the work on the right hand side ;-))

13 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Looks wonderful! Glad to have you back!

Maxine said...

Fantastic progress :) It always amazes me too how the design just falls in to place when you stand back and admire it!

Sue in N. Va said...

Wow, what a tree!!

Gabi said...

Welcome back Mich. Your progress looks fantastic.

Annie Bee said...

That is looking great. As you say you step back and wow see that shading.

Cindy F. said...

Oh wow Mich!! You've put in a lot of stitches since we last saw your progress. It's really beautiful!

Yvonne said...

Wow Mich! This is so lovely and it looks so real.

Yvonne

Bellatrix said...

I have to say, that your work is one of my favorites here, maybe because our home is cabin middle of the forest alike that one in your pattern. It just make me smile every time you update!

And of course - You have done amazing job - it looks so beautiful!

Sabine S. said...

Glad to have you back! Fantastic progress!
Sabine

Wendy said...

Oooh wow Mich, I'm glad to see your progress and it just looks so gorgeous. I love this design too and love to see your progress on it too.

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

oooo Mich what a great progress, and your design is so beautiful, it's like a puzzle, stitch after stitch, the pattern appeared .... great job girl

Maureen said...

wow - the shading in this is just stunning - love how all those trees in the background have snuck in.. looking forward to seeing your progess.

Joke said...

My goodness, you did a lot in those weeks! Great progress, and lovely picture.