Thursday, April 30, 2009

Marie, Winter Angel.

Hello everyone !

Here is my work !


Before :

Now :
I just want to share one feeling I had many times this past week.
I was thinking "if only I had finished the first raw"... In fact, I was really looking forward to finish the first raw, I don't know why... meaby to see the rose garden growing, or just for the satisfaction of a finished raw... but until it happens, I have some work to do yet...
So I tried to canalize my impatience with this sentence from Lao Tsu who said : "A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving". This still helps me to take advantage of my HAED journey... I think that we must savour every stitch we do... because it's a priceless wonderful adventure.

To everyone, have a beautiful week...
I'm still thinking of each one of you,
Thank you so much.... !

Marie.

8 comments:

The Chief's Chef said...

I love this picture! Great work!

Annie Bee said...

Marie I just love reading your posts of how your stitching week has been. I see there are 2 stars in your beautiful sky now. That saying is soooo true. I love the journey of stitching large pieces and am quite sad to come to the end of the journey. But looking back on those finished pieces you recall your journey.

Valerie L. said...

I can answer you that
"patience is a virtue acquired through patience"

What a good sentence for cross stitching isn't it!!

Cindy F. said...

Love your traveler saying...and also love your thought about savouring every stitch:)
Beautiful stitching!!

Carolyn NC said...

Very nice progress!

Yvonne said...

Marie, like anyone else here, I love to read your posts. Really very inspiring and also extremely sweet. Beautiful stitching you have, Marie.

Yvonne

Sabine S. said...

Nice progress Marie! And great advice, I should spend less time trying to arrive...
Sabine

Wendy said...

Ooooh wow Marie! This is really looking wonderful. You did a lot of stitching on this one. I'm really looking forward to see this design grow.