Friday, April 17, 2009

I am soooooo bad

I just can't stand it,
HAED Dreams of Atlantis
artwork by Josephine Wahl

I am so bad. I keep looking at all the beautiful projects here. Plus I purchased several charts from HAED a couple of weeks ago during a sale. One of those, "Dreams of Atlantis" by Josephine Wahl, I like so much I'm using the picture as my desktop wallpaper — which means I'm looking at it every day, several times a day.
There it is
a shameless new start
So… you guessed it! I spent my Thursday HAED SAL time gridding a new fabric and have actually put in a few stitches. I never put stitches in the fabric before it's completely gridded so you can see how anxious I am to work on this one. I bought the large print chart and there are something like 43 pages of chart, it was a bit daunting to think about that, but I'm in it now. I've got all the threads and I'm off and running. Then, yesterday, after receiving the HAED newsletter I saw a gorgeous chart on their homepage, "Fairy Tales" and I forget who Michelle said the artist is… but this time I was slightly smarter I just put that one on my wish list. Way too much enabling going on throughout this entire blog!!!

12 comments:

Marie said...

Good evening Yoyo !
Thank you for your comment on my post !
I don't think that your start is shameless, not at all ! Everone who goes round the world begins by a step, just a first step. And that is what you've done ! This is the most important... because now your project has began, it is not only your wallpaper anymore, it became real ! It's fantastic, I'm excited for you !!!
Dreams of Atlantis looks beatuful, you choose a very beautiful chart ! When I look at it, I'm diving into the dream.

I'm looking forward to see your progress on it !

I wish you a nice week Yoyo !

Sue in N. Va said...

Ooooooooo! I *love* this chart, Yoyo! I can't wait to see your progress on it and I'll be living vicariously through you.

Congrats on your new start and there is nothing at all shameless about starting it! When a chart calls, it calls and it will keep calling until you answer it. So enjoy every X!

Solitary Raven said...

wow... I love mermaids...
oh no!!

Solitary Raven said...

wishlisting this one :)
and happy stitching to you on your fabulous pick ! yay!

Astrid said...

YEAH.... the start of a new one is always good. ten stitched or 50 stitches its a start !!!!! beautiful... up you go beautiful !!

Gabi said...

Beautiful start. And beautiful chart too.

Wendy said...

This is a wonderful start and such a lovely design! Love to see your progress on this one.

Jan said...

There is nothing like a new start. Ah, smell the freshness of the fabric.
There is a lot of enabling going on (evil evil) LOL. And we LOVE it!

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

a new start is always fun, I already look forward to grow

Carolyn NC said...

Looks great - nice start!

Annie Bee said...

Ohh you are bad....LOL. I love this chart and can't wait to see more of your progress. My wish list is huge.

Cindy F. said...

Great start!! Beautiful design choice!! I think all our wish lists are so long, we feel we should at least start most of them;)