Thursday, April 16, 2009

2 Confessions in 1 entry

Confession No.1 : I have been stitching on QS Black Cherry for the SAL on the HAED board. I haven't got loads done but I am finding it a real bind to pick her up and stitch on her. I am not quite sure why really - I love the colours, but its just not grabbed me to the stage where I NEED to stitch on her.

So I have decided to put her away and bring her out only for the SAL weekends on the HAED board. Then at least she will get some stitching done on her - just at a slower progress.

BUT - now here is where Confession No.2 comes: I made a new start yesterday.......... yes I know thats 2 new starts in a space of about a week......

And this time I have started TT Violet Sometimes. Love the colours of this so much and its by JBG who is my fav designer. Last night I made a good start by stitching just short of 400 stitches. I will get a pciture uploaded soon.

7 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Life's short, so by all means start something new! Can't wait to see pics!

Cindy F. said...

If it ain't fun, then it's work!
I have to stitch on what's calling my name the loudest too:) and thankfully I really love my St. Nick piece!
Can't wait to see your new start!

Sabine S. said...

Heeheehee...I started my second HAED yesterday and am waiting for another non-HAED pattern to arrive. This will also make two new starts in a week, but I need a selection to choose from depending on my mood!I like the colors in Violet Sometimes too, although the look on her face always makes me think Violent Sometimes! LOL! Have fun!
Sabine

Gabi said...

Looking forward to see your new start. Sounds lovely.

Wendy said...

Can't wait to see your picture of your new start. This is really fun if you can start something new. I had a finish last week (on a Dimensions kit) and I still have 4 other WIP's, but I'm wondering how long it will takes me before I start something new, and I think it won't be long ;)

Jan said...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with two starts (or three, four, etc.)

Yoyo said...

I shamelessly started a new one this week too, after promising DH I wouldn't. I think I can honestly say he will not notice for about three weeks and by then it will be far too late. I definitely need to work on what's calling to me. I knew this blog would be dangerous, but I really had no idea how much!!!!!!