Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Choosing HAED

Hi,

This is my first post, sweet!! I wish I had more to show you! So far I've just picked the HAED design I want to do. Since I've only every done kit cross stitches I thought I'd ease my way into things by trying something relatively small...so a Peekaboo it is!! I just loooove Jasmine-Beckett designs and am now tossing up between Pale Rose, Sea Beacon and I Will Hear No Evil. (Don't worry, the joys of owning a store mean I will have them all available!) But kitting them out will be a new experience. I've only stitched on aida before and really want to try evenweave or linen. This is all very exciting and I'm thankful that you guys are letting me participate!! Thanks so much!!

Chantal

7 comments:

Sabine S. said...

Welcome to the blog and to the world of HAEDs! Once they pull you in, no kit will ever do again! The 25 ct Lugana is easy to work with, once your eyes adjust. As for kitting, I choose the color of my material based on if I think I want some of it to show after framing or not. The floss I buy 20 skeins at a time, based on the when the symbols appear from my starting point. These may take longer, but you'll have fun.Can't wait to see which pattern you choose. Have fun.
Sabine

Annie Bee said...

Hi and welcome can't wait to see which one you start and see pics of your work.

Wendy said...

Welcome to our blog! Can't wait to see your start on your project.

Cindy F. said...

Yay!!! So glad to see you posting Chantal! and we can't wait to see your new start!
Hey, can you please email me with your state, country and if you have a blog let me know that too please:)
cindy2k2tx@yahoo.com

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

welcome, I stitched up to now only Aïda and would like to agree evenwaeve or linen, and soon I will also try it .. so thank you Sabine for the explanation! I look forward to your start and what the pattern has become

Carolyn NC said...

Welcome! Good luck with your start! You'll love it here. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chantal and welcome. This is my first HAED and also my first time using evenweave (25ct). Once you get used to the size of the fabric - the stitches seem so tiny - it does become easier! Look forward to seeing your pic.
Sheila