Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finally getting my act together!

I joined some time back but life was a little busy. Things are slowly getting back to normal so I'm hoping to get back into my HAED stitching!

A brief little intro - my name is Mel (short for Melissa), I'm an Australian living the expat life in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I'm married to a wonderful man and we have two great kids (boy, almost 14, and girl, 11). We also have a rather pampered dog called Tikki.

I discovered HAED in 2005 and so started my addiction :)

I went through a bad case of startitis so have many WIPs but gradually managed to curb that urge enough to actually finish two - QS Snowflake and QS Girly Gothic.

At the moment I will be concentrating on my QS Plum Gothic (Vinson) WIP as she is the closest to being finished. This is my current progress.

QS Plum Gothic (c) Heaven & Earth Designs

I am stitching her on 27 count white Linda evenweave with DMC floss. There are no sparkles in this one.

5 comments:

Sabine S. said...

Oooh, she's pretty, the eyes, the lips, and the lovely shades of plum! Will you post pics of your finishes, just to prove to use newbies that it is possible? LOL!
Sabine

Cindy F. said...

Welcome Mel!! Your QS is amazing!! Beautiful colors and awesome progress!! Can't wait to see more of her:) Thanks for sharing!!

Annie Bee said...

Hi Mel. There is not a lot more stitching to be done on your Plum Gothic. She is looking great.

Wendy said...

Welcome Mel to our blog! Your stitching looks so wonderful. Keep up the good work on it;)

Carolyn NC said...

Great progress!