Thursday, July 23, 2009

Introducing Myself


Hello! My name is Jodie, and I have just joined all you amazing stitchers. I am very humbled looking at everyone's WIPs! I'm 42, a partially SAHM of three - 6 y/o boy and soon to be 5 y/o twins - boy/girl. I work casually at the hospital in two different departments - one as there are open shifts that work with my household schedule and one where I go in and work when I want to. We also have two dogs. I taught myself cross stitch when I was 12 - bought a little kit at the local craft store, read the directions and the rest is history. Right now I only have two HAEDs going, and I'm ashamed to say I haven't worked on either for a very long time. One is Jasmine Becket-Griffith's Wicked, Tricksy and False. As you can tell, I'm not very far, but this was my "watching the kids outside" project. I don't get much time to stitch on it because I'm usually pushing a swing :) The other is QS Reflections 2 by Dona Geislinger. I'm about half done with the first page. I have a number of HAEDs currently kitted up and waiting to start.

8 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Welcome Jodie! We're so happy to have you with us!
Wow do you have busy days with a house full and working too!!

Awesome progress on "Wicked, Tricksy and False"!!

Please email me with your state or country, so I can put you in our membership list on the right sidebar.
And if you'd like to link a blog to your name, we can do that too:)

Happy stitching!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Jodie! You are making wonderful progress :)

Valerie L. said...

Hi Jodie, Welcome!
You'll see, it's quite motivating to participate to this wonderfull blog!

Jan said...

Nice to "meet" you Jodie. This blog is great and any time you need a push, just let us know. We are a great cheering squad.

Joke said...

Welcome Jodie, you're doing great, two haeds on the way, considering your busy scedule! We all know, having little children around means less stitching time and haeds are very demanding. Looking forward to see your progress, even it's not much :)

Astrid said...

Welcome ... when you are at this blog you wil stitch more you see !!!

Monstermom said...

Thanks for the welcome! I've been stitching like mad because the kids have been driving me crazy. Can't wait for school to start!

Carolyn NC said...

Welcome! You'll be stitching more than you know - great group here!