Wednesday, July 22, 2009

QS Iris Update & New Pattern

Progress on my QS Iris has been sporadic and slow, but I have gotten a little more done since I last posted. My planned span of lazy days of doing nothing much more than stitching disappeared in a *poof*, almost the moment I dreamed about them, but as always, I keep hoping that life's events will soon fall into some sort of order to allow me more time to stitch.

Here is my update on my QS Iris:

I don't know if it the colors, or what, but I am finding this depressing to stitch, which surprises me, because the finished piece appears to be gorgeous. I guess I just haven't gotten to the colorful parts yet.

So what do I do to pick myself up? What any marginally sane person would do in the same circumstances. I took advantage of the recent HAED sale to celebrate Michele's Birthday (Happy Birthday, Michele!! Wishing you a fantastic year, and many, many more!), and bought myself another HAED pattern. Honestly. .I did go through the ones in my stash, and while I eventually want to stitch them, right now, none of them inspired me out of my funk.
But this one is tempting me, and I couldn't resist. It is a new pattern, Luna, by Marjorie Sarnat. My pattern arrived today, and now I have to go about getting fabric and seeing what threads I need. Then gridding and seeing where to fit it into my already crowded rotation.

Hmmmm, I wonder if one of my kitties would let me paint him or her to look like this one. I guess not. I'll have to be happy and love my furry friends, just as they are, and settle for a fanciful stitched cat.
I wish everyone a happy, peaceful and productive Stitching Thursday tomorrow!

6 comments:

Joke said...

Suzie, you made the right decision and I'm sure you will pick up Irises again, some other time. In the meanwhile you are starting a really colourful disign, that should cheer you up! Looking forward to see your progress :)

Cindy F. said...

Suzie, you have already made amazing progress on Irises, but I agree...you may need a short break from it.
I think Luna is just the thing to get you out of your stitching slump!

Carolyn NC said...

Stitching looks good; I love your new pattern!

Astrid said...

Wow the new one is very nice..... Colors and design is great.... Love to see a start next time!!!!

beth said...

Beautiful stitching on Irises! I think it's always good to have other pieces to switch to when we need a break- even the quick stitches are challenging, long-term projects, I think!

Looking forward to seeing WIPs of Luna- it's such a colorful design!

Valerie L. said...

Hi Suzie,
Your already made a great job on Iris and we have to keep in mind that stitching is a hobbie, not a work... You took the right decision and your new pattern is lovely! My cat is black and white like this one! So cute!