Thursday, July 30, 2009

Beck's Update

Cindy, still no success on getting the question answered (from blogger) or being able to make my own comment (maybe that means I talk too much, rofl!) - now, just for "kicks" my camera phone won't cooperate either...so no update picture this week.

I have been working a little bit each day on this wonderful piece and drooling over the choices for the future (as well as everyone else's projects!). What a wonderful, delightful place this blog is all because of you all! I am inspired and so much happier every time I visit.

This week I had some good, fast blocks of just 3 different blues and now will be back to some confetti stitches but it's ok...I love watching the picture spring up out of the material. I will never be able to decide which one of those on my wish list I will choose for my birthday club next month but that is ok!

I wanted to share with all of you that this stitching with all of you is helping me get healthier, be more focused and eat less...I am training at the gym and have lost 82 pounds as of today...with another 65 more to go - but it is so much easier knowing that I can put my energy into creating something pretty, not something to eat that will make me not healthy and doesn't really satisfy like being creative really does. Thank you for all you do to make this blog so special!

Blessings to you all and may you have a marvelous week! Beck

6 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Beck, I do not mind posting for you at all! So sorry for your computer and phone problems;)
Congratulations on losing 82 pounds!!
That is INCREDIBLE and very EXCITING news!! I wish you the very best in your endeavor and sending you lots of hugs!!

Beck said...

Thank you, thank you! I must say I am no longer consider doing a brown piece of HAED so I can secretly eat chocolate - there's progress for you!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! I've recently lost 31 pounds with 59 left to go :) I try to stitch to keep away from the food picking as well.

Carolyn NC said...

WTG, Beck, congrats on the 82 pounds! And when you can post once again, can't wait to see the pictures!

Lisa said...

Congrats on the amazing weight loss Beck! I've just joined the gym this week and started eating healthier. I have a lot of weight to lose and you are an inspiration.

Beck said...

I just had to treat myself...I made it through Michelle's birthday but Bob's too? That was too much - now had to purchase Oriental Landscape (HAED) too. I have no idea when I will get to it but with a birthday coming up, I will be finding threads for my birthday club membership chart too - good for sisters who know I need/want DMC for my birthday, lol.

Thanks, Lisa (and everyone else) for saying I am an inspiration - I sure am trying and learning a lot about myself along the way. I am glad I can help you get healthier too! Hugs, Beck