Friday, May 29, 2009

Vibrant Vista , built a bridge :)

This week I managed to work on both pieces, and for all you scary stitchers: I built a bridge this week. I read your comments about sleepless nights, two hand stitching (I gave it a shot, but it didn't work out lol), and how many of you considered me a brave (or mad?) woman.
In fact, my DS had a good laugh, when I told him I wanted to add a dangerous factor to my stitching and therefore worked at two sides. In his mind, how can stitching be something else than dull (I forgive him, he is only 17 years old).
Anyway, so you girls can sleep as comfortably as before, yesterday evening I built a bridge between the two parts, and it turns out to be perfect. I have to add some stitches, but I already can assure you I did the perfect counting, and I don't have to frog a stitch! Look for yourself.


And this was May 22nd:


On Call of the Raven I managed to finish her left sleeve, so now I can move on the the left side, to finish the colourful beams. No picture yet, because uploading to blogger doesn't work right now, I'll give it a try later on ....

11 comments:

Jan said...

I love this piece. Looks fabulous.

Marie said...

Hello Joke !
You stitched a lot !! The sky which you have done in the middle looks beautiful, I'm so in love with the colors... And the details look absolutly fabulous !

Thank you for your lovely comment on my post ! So you are thinking on me ?! Oh this is the sweetest thing that I read today.... Thank you so much !!!

Have a wonderful week, full of stitching...!

Astrid said...

Nou I can sleep again. at first I tought if you take a miscount...But you did it and many of us can sleep better now....

Caroline said...

Hilarious! I love your bridge - this is really beautiful, one of my favourite designs. Keep up the good work!

Valerie L. said...

Yeah! I'm glad to see that everything fits perfectly! I love this piece, the sky is beautiful and this little house too...
Keep up the good work Joke :)

Carolyn NC said...

Always feels good when two sections come together, but on a HAED, even more so. I cracked up about the "dangerous" element in stitching. Non-stitchers just don't get it, do they, even when they love us! Fantastic work - glad the bridge is connected!

Gabi said...

Great progress and as beautiful as always. And good to know that your counting was right. I didn't doubt that anyway, but it's a nice milestone to have the parts coming together isn't it?

Sabine S. said...

I admit, I am relieved!! I don't think I could have lived on the edge so long before making the bridge. Great stitching, I will sleep better.
Sabine

Wendy said...

Hey Joke,

I'm so happy for you that the bridge came out perfect. It is looking so great and I love the colors of the sky. You are doing a wonderful job on it. Can't wait to see more.

Maxine said...

OMG now we can rest easy that it fits phew. You have nerves of steel because I couldn't do it lol

Cindy F. said...

Awesome Joke!! I never doubted you...but I do believe you stitch in your sleep AND with both hands!