Friday, May 22, 2009

Manhattan Wonderland

My weekly update for Manhattan Wonderland. Got a bit more done on the first house. And I'm not too happy about the Kreinik Breid. I used Rainbow Gallerie Petite anyway, but that's pretty much the same stuff. I'm stitching with one thread over one. After reading on the HAED Yuku board that most only do a half stitch with the braid, I followed that advice. It looks weird to me. It's not only transparant...which would be ok, it's also less thick then the rest of the stitching. And I don't think I'm a fan of that combination. In the next page I'll make a full cross stitch. And no...I won't frog the braid. That could only go wrong. Besides, sky is not that regular...lol. IF it's visible that I used 2 different ways of applying the braid in the sky then I'll keep my face straight and insist it was charted that way!!!
Week 07

Before:
Week 06

9 comments:

Jan said...

Gabi it looks great. I love this piece.

Cindy F. said...

I bet no one would ever know the difference! I'd think you followed the chart!
You have made some amazing progress there girl!

Sabine S. said...

You're too funny! It's coming along nicely.
Sabine

Claire said...

Fab progress!! I am looking forward to this one developing!

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Claire in UK

Bellatrix said...

Hi! Your work looks beautiful! I'm stitching The encounter, and there is 15308 stitches whit Kreinik. I do tent stitches when stitching big areas whit Kreinik. Only few stitches are used, it's better do hole cross stitch. I have written some tips for those who have to use Kreinik - look label The Encounter, if you want to read them:-)

Wendy said...

It is coming along nicely! I'm using kreinik too and I use 4 strands of it and full cross stitch. By doing this it is not that much difference between the regular threads and the kreinik ones.

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

gosh this looks so beautiful, I'm already curious to see it grow!

Vickie said...

this looks wonderful!! You are making wonderful progress...

Carolyn NC said...

Sky is so delicate and pretty! Lovely piece.