Friday, May 29, 2009

Manhattan Wonderland

Finally....page one finished. I started Thursday and didn't stop until I had that page done.
What concerns the Kreinik - I'm still not complete sure what to do. To be honest, as much as I do love glitter normally, it seems somehow out of place in the sky. I doubt it that the artist herself has glitter on the original painting. It just doesn't feel and looks right to me. I think I'll replace the Kreinik in the sky with white.
And not sure yet what I do with the glitter in the snow. I might leave that. It takes ages anyway until I'm in the position to make a decision about that. Who knows what opinion I'll have by the time I reach the pages where that comes up.
Week 08

9 comments:

Joke said...

This a a wonderful progress, and I love the design!

Cindy F. said...

I clicked on your pic, but can't see the glitter. Have you been to the HAED BB and asked if anyone else used the Kreinik on the sky?
You've made a lot of progress Gabi and it looks beautiful from my view:)

Jan said...

Congratulations on finishing the page. It looks great.

Marie said...

Hello Gabi ! Your progress is great ! Congratulations for your page 1, I remember that it was your goal for the end of the month, and now it's done ! Excellent !! It looks wonderful, and I think that the kreinik can give a special and fine effect on the entire and finished piece. But I think that you must follow your feeling, so just listen to your intuition...

Have a nice week !

Astrid said...

its beautiful and glitter in the snow is just lovely. I have made an russian egg, with glitter in the snow. its so Gorgeous....love to see the houses coming up.

Carolyn NC said...

Lots of progress here - looking great!

Sabine S. said...

Congrats on finishing the first page! Seems fast to me. I would leave the glitter in the snow for sure. Maybe you can leave it in the sky until the whole piece is finished, see the effect, and then replace it with the white if you don't like it?
Sabine

Wendy said...

Well I have to use the kreinik in the sky on my pattern too!! I use 4 threads of kreinik. Have you tried this ? It is looking nice when you use the kreinik in the sky and I'm sure it will look great in the snow too ;)

Maxine said...

Wonderful progress :)