Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sabine's Astronomer

I'm afraid The Astronomer and I had a rough week, with little progress. I do believe we hosted the ENTIRE frog family for the week! Two stitches in, six stitches out. Every -single- day -this- week. I also ripped my thread and learned how to accidentally make french knots on the back of the fabric without even looking! But I am proud of myself for fixing all those mistakes, because honestly, who would notice a misplaced ultra very dark brown stitch in a sea of black? No one. But I know, and it would forever stick out like a blinking neon sign, so I fixed it. So here they are, before and after:

I've pulled the welcome mat from under the frogs, so lock your doors! I don't know which way they're heading. Have a great stitchy week everyone!!!!
Sabine

9 comments:

Astrid said...

sorry but you made me laugh with your french knots !!! they suppost to be at the front side Sabine !!! LOL....and frogging is very painfull. if it is one stich wrong I take de right color and mak a x over the wrong color. Sometimes the wrong color isnt geeting out easy..... Try it if there is a wrong stitch again. ( ihope not for you)

CathE said...

I've locked my doors - and put up a big "No Entry" sign to keep those frogs away. I'm sorry they've been visiting you for so long but I can still see progress. And good on you for fixing the problems. I hope you have a better week this week.

Joke said...

In spite of the problems you had, your progress is wonderful! Good to add some colours into the black :-)

Jan said...

Even with the frogs you made a lot of progress. Isn't it nice to put in something other than black?

Cindy F. said...

Great progress Sabine!! Gosh I hope those frogs aren't heading to my house! I can't tell they've been at your house at all with that much stitching accomplished!!

Marie said...

I love your post ! You made me laugh !!
Your progress is very nice to see, I'm so looking forward to see this piece growing !

Happy stitching !

Carolyn NC said...

For someone who frogged, you sure did accomplish a lot of stitching!

kerbear said...

I hate those darn frogs! It seems like they always come in herds too! And I had to laugh about your french knots because I end up doing that sometimes too! Still even with all the setbacks, you made great progress and I really love this!

Wendy said...

Wow! Sabine, nice progress. Keep upt the great work, I want to see this one grow ;)