Thursday, October 22, 2009

Beck's Oriental Landscape


Yippee! I'm back stitching again on HAED - this time it's Oriental Landscape and it's really going well. I'm happy with purple of any shade and there have only been 4 colour changes this time. It doesn't look like many actual stitches but it's a huge achievement for me. I'm looking forward to having more progress pics in the weeks ahead...it will keep me from being stressed - my son and his long-time girlfriend just got engaged and this will be a BIG wedding - makes me glad I'm mother of the groom this time! I'm also working away on the weight loss and that's steady progress...I'm getting stronger muscles all the time and that's worth it overall too.

Hope everyone has as much fun this week as I'm having - I am one of the most fortunate women around! Life is great and friends like you all here - it's wonderful.

Hugs, Beck

7 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Good job girl!! On stitching and sticking to your weight loss plan:)

and CONGRATS to your son and his fiance'! Very exciting!!!

Sue in N. Va said...

Congratulations to your son, and starting a new project and to sticking to your weight loss plan! What a week for you!

Who's the author of your chart? The purples are lovely!!

Astrid said...

I know how it feels to be Mother ofthe groom !!! I am to. In April my son is going to marrie. It feels great !!!
Youre work is beautiful !!

CathE said...

A great start and congratulations.

kerbear said...

Great start and so glad you are enjoying it. I find stitching to be a great stress reliever for me as well. Congrats to your son and I hope the wedding planning and actual wedding all goes smoothly!

Sabine S. said...

Wow! Congrats all around!
Sabine

MarchAnn said...

Glad things are going well and get a great dress for the wedding. Mothers of the groom have to look wonderful.
Great start on your new project.