Saturday, March 7, 2009

So nice to be here

Hoi... I am Astrid. Living in the Netherlands. Mother of two sons. (25 and 23) Husband Ger is the best...... and we are also parents of a great Dane named Falco.... this dog is 7,5 years old. My stitching carriere began 25 years ago with the birth of my son. 4 years ago I met a virus called HAED. I infected my father with the same virus. He has now accomplished 4 large pieces.
I like the large projects very much. I like Marchetti, Christensen, Kinuko Y craft. and more....
O and very important .... Sheila Wolk.....
I show some Wips. I rotate my projects when I finish a page.



Madonna after a large amount of frogging...on the road again.

Fire Fly from Brigit Ashwood..... very nice..

And the Zodia from Marchetti.... currently working at it the page is almost done so next week an update.

10 comments:

Mich said...

Isn't it the best virus? ;-))

Great to see that you also gave this virus to your father. You don't see a lot of men stitching, and you know what, I don't know why, because I don't see it as something typical female to enjoy actually.

I hope you have both fun with it. Looking forward to seeing you work.

Marie said...

Hello Astrid !!
I'm glad to see you here, so you have received my e-mail ?! I was hoping you would come and join us here !
I'm still thinking that your work is amazing and so beautiful. Happy stitching !

Annie Bee said...

Astrid you always have such wonderful pieces on the go. I am glad that you gave your virus to you dad. It is such a wonderful addiction to have.

Cindy F. said...

Welcome to our group Astrid!! Your wips are amazing! And what a fun idea to rotate after a page!
Beautiful stitching:)

Terri said...

Hi Astrid good to see you. Your work is fantastic

Yvonne said...

Hi AStrid, love all your wips, especially your zodia. The colours are really amazing! Looking forward to the next update!

Yvonne

Wendy said...

Welcome Astrid to our blog !
Wow! you do have some great progresses already! I have just met the virus HAED too and I think it caught me very well ;)

Joke said...

Hi Astrid, nice to meet! Your WIPS are great, especially Madonna and The Zodiac. Is your father blogging too? Maybe he can join us :)

Vickie said...

I love all the colors in your designs. They are just so prety!!

Carolyn NC said...

Wow - you have some lovely work! I love your description of HAED as a virus. LOL