Friday, March 20, 2009
I didn't get as much done as I had hoped but I did fill up ALL of my single holes. That was a major achievement for me. As I was working on that I also had one of those hit yourself in the head light bulbs come on. I had said to somebody in an e-mail about "how to" stitch these that I had made an almost fatal error on this, my first, HAED project by starting at the bottom of the chart. I started at the bottom because there were only 10 or 12 lines on that page and I wanted to toss the extra piece of paper. I am used to carrying my threads down as I go, and having started at the bottom, that simply didn't work....I did hang a few off the side but they would keep getting in the way because the silly thing is so small. I had no idea how intricate a HAED was when I began this project. Anyway, there I am stitching away and this light bulb went off, "Well, dummy -- turn the chart and the fabric up-side down and it will appear as though you are stitching from the top down and you'll be able to carry your threads more conveniently!" So I have been stitching up-side-down and I can really say, even though my progress does not compare to you other busy bees, this is the best one sitting progress I have made yet. I know I'll be racing through the rest of this now --- that is racing through as the snail not the rabbit. Oh and.... DS came to visit while I had this out and I explained to him this is a gift for DH....guess who thinks he needs one too!! NOT. So here is what my mermaid looks like standing on her head. Atlantis Storykeep artwork by Selina Fenesh.