Monday, December 28, 2009

My first HAED


I discovered HAED's in early 2005 and another girl and I decided to have a SAL and we chose Half Sick of Shadows. I don't do SAL's well and this was as far as I got.  It wasn't long before the lure of starting a new chart had me hooked.  So I started Blossom, Leaf, Ocean's Bounty, A New Day Has Come and a couple more.  I decided that I really needed to finish one and so I numbered them all and hit the Research Randomizer to pick one to finish.  It was Ocean's Bounty and in 2008 I had my first Full Sized HAED finish. 

I also discovered QS's and decided that I would stitch one until it was finished.  I was really good and managed to finish 3 QS's before I gave in to the startitis bug and I now have Blue Pearls Mermaid, Daydreaming Fairy (another SAL that didn't work out), and Crabby Crush . 

Here is a picture of my first full sized HAED finish.  I loved every minute of stitching her.  There was always something new to discover as I stitched her.  I called her the stuck up Mermaid.  She has such a regal bearing. 

I really fell in love with stitching over 1 and believe it or not I love confetti stitching.  I have finished 5 QS's in total.

2010 I am hoping to finish Leaf she is so soothing to stitch and her eyes speak volumes.  I am also hoping to finish Crabby Crush as well.  This has probably been one of my favourite stitches.

For the year 2010 I have set up a Blog to track my HAED stitching for this year and at the end of the year I am hoping to be able to get it made into a book as a record of my stitching journey.  Here it is  HAED's Up For 2010 .  I plan to post to it every week.

It has been fun reading about everyone first HAED's.

2 comments:

Joke said...

Your Mermaid is really gorgeous and I am sure Half Sick of Shadows will be too, once finished. So maybe, some time .... I also visited your HAED blog, nice idea!

Sabine S. said...

Thanks for sharing your story! I feel like I'm learning so much about you all and I get to see wonderful, new patterns (which may be a bad thing!)! She is beautiful!!! You must be so proud!!! I'm joining the HAED BB SK SAL with Mermaid of the Deep and have nicknamed her "my little pissed off mermaid" because she looks like I feel! I too am trying to pick one and finish, but I don't think I'll be as disciplined as you.
Sabine