Monday, December 28, 2009

My First HAED

Reading Marie's post made me feel like it would be a nice way to finish off the year and bring in the new one if we all shared the story of our first HAED.

QS Storykeeper by Fenech was my first HAED. I chose a QS because the full size was way too intimidating and an SK just seemed too small for the effort. HAH! Little did I know! I remember being totally lost in the first square of 100 stitches. Single strands of the different colors all looked alike and I didn't have a clue where I was on the pattern, what I had stitched, and where to go next! But those issues worked themselves out as I became used to 25ct 1x1 and learned a few tricks with the pattern.



I originally chose Storykeeper because she was quiet and contemplative. I thought that maybe as I put each stitch in I could think about what our story is, what secrets she keeps for us. Then my Mom was diagnosed with cancer. During those six months, I put a few stitches in, but not many. All stitching fell to the wayside. After my Mom died, I never picked her up again. She was now far too depressing. I will admit though that I don't feel as bad about seeing her today as I thouht I would, so who knows...

Oh, and the red grid lines...baaaad idea...red fuzzies stuck deep inside...

Sabine

2 comments:

Joke said...

Great idea, Sabine, thanks for your story. I hope you will be able to stitch on her again sometime and, doing that, heal your pain.

Annie Bee said...

Sabine your Storykeep looks lovely. What a great idea of telling your story.