Monday, March 2, 2009

QS Iris; A New Beginning

Hello everyone!

Thank you SO much for letting me join in on the fun! I'm going to love seeing everyone's projects emerge from your fabrics, and I know that I'll be inspired to keep stitching on my own, after I get started!!

I've already purchased a number of HAED just since December. It appears that I have a bit of an addiction problem, but I really do plan to stitch them all, and have more on my wish list! It will keep me out of worst trouble.

This is the first one that I've also purchased my fabric and all of the flosses. There are over 90 different colors in this small pattern, but I love the color combinations, and thought that it would be a good entry project. It is the QS Iris, artwork by Josephine Wall, and designed by Michele Sayetta.

Even though I won't be home this coming Thursday, I am taking this project with me, along with my other current project. I'm a big fan of gridding, so I hope to get at least some of that done during this trip. The light in the motel room isn't that great, but I've got my portable light and magnifier that clips onto my hoop. Hopefully, I'll find something to clip it onto, to do my gridding.

I'm looking forward to sharing our progress, and getting to know each of you! I hope that everyone has a great week, with no visits from those frogs!

Suzie



9 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Welcome Suzie!! So glad you've joined our group!
Oh wow!! This design is amazing!
It looks more challenging than mine! Lots of beautiful color changes! If I ever get a free minute, I'm going to have to try gridding myself!! Can't wait to see your start:)

Yoyo said...

What pretty flowers! I have painted some of these, there must be a gazillion colors in there. Can't wait for your progress reports.

Wendy said...

Welcome Suzie! This looks so great! Can't wait to see your progress on it! Love the colors of it!

Suzie said...

Thank you so much for the welcome! I'll keep you posted on my progress. I don't know. I was looking at the fabric last night, and that 25 count looks awfully small! lol But, I'll give it a try!

Caroline said...

Ooooooh - so pretty!! My wish list keeps getting longer and longer!

Lynn B said...

Wow Suzie this looks gorgeous, you will have your work cut out on this one!

Mich said...

Beautiful pattern this is, it really looks like a real painting.

That's mostly the trouble with hotelrooms, the light is always terrible. Even when putting on all lights that are available it is still dark in those rooms !! I travel a lot but have never taken my stitching work with me for that reason. Never thought of a portable light actually, perhaps I'd better check it out.

Terri said...

This is a great project Suzie. Cannot wait to see your progress

Suzie said...

Me too! lol It seems like it is taking me forever to even get the first stitch in there, but I'm getting closer all of the time. Prep work IS working on my project, it just isn't the fun part!