Sunday, March 1, 2009

Faery Tales and A Wintery Heirloom


I am Vickie and I am in the process of stitching not one but two HAED projects right now!!! I know..I must be insane. I am currently stitching Faery Tales and A Wintery Heirloom. A Wintery Heirloom is a design I am stitching with my friend Kim from WI. We made a vow to stitch on it at least 3 hours a week on it. I have put in 1900 stitches and have completed 1/4 of page 1. This design is around 24 pages.



Faery tales is in my rotation. I have rotation of 17 projects that I work on at least 4 days then I switch. I am almost finished with the first page. This design is around 34 pages or so. I have a long way to go on it.
As you can see from my stitching that I love to carry my threads and it looks like I have a big mess...but it is the easiest way I have found to stitch huge projects. I can't wait to see what everyone else is working on!!!!

8 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Welcome Vickie!! You know I'm one of your biggest fans! I'm totally in awe of you "hanging threads". Tried again yesterday on a smaller project,,,but I just made a mess!
I'll keep trying til I'm more confident. I love the designs you're stitching! and your progress is amazing on both!!
Can't wait to see more!

BW said...

I just started my HAED and I'm going to try parking with it. You make it look easy...let's hope I can do it.

Your projects look wonderful, too. :)

Mich said...

Waaaw, 17 projects in rotation, you're a busy bee ;-))

I'm just the opposite of you, I never have threads hanging, I think it would be very messy if I tried it. I'm a person hopping from one place to another when stitching. I'm actually so impressed that you are all stitching in "squares", my work doesn't look like that at all ;-((

I especially love the winter theme you are stitching, as I love those patterns that are made for X-mas or winter, I find them so cosy !!

Good continuation with your stitching ...

Wendy said...

Wow! They both looks so great already! Is this easy to work with all those threads hanging there. I think I would forget what color belongs to what symbol!
Can't wait to see the progresses on both of them!

Caroline said...

A Wintery Heirloom is next on my list - love it!!

Suzie said...

I love both of the patterns that you are working on, and you've already got a nice start on them both!

Wow! 17 projects in rotation! That is amazing! At least their not all HAED, are they? lol But no matter if they were. The joy is in the journey. The finish is just the icing on the cake!

It is going to be fun to see your progress!

Carolyn NC said...

Nice stitching! I love Fairy Tales - will be so cool stitched up.

Terri said...

Looks great so far Vickie. Cannot wait to see more