Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mermaids and Sea Gods

HAED Dreams of Atlantis
artwork by Josephine Wahl
25 ct unknown ivory perle linen
BEFORE (July first-ish)

I got up before the red breasted robins this morning for some weird reason. But that's OK, because I put that 'extra' time to good use today. I think I got very close to 500 stitches into Dreams of Atlantis. Stitching just seemed to flow so well this morning, for a change.

This is about 1/3 of the first page. I got a large print chart so my pages are smaller....but there are many more of them (LOL). Here is before and after. We're seeing a few sea flowers here, just moving into a bit of sky where dophins will soon be frolicking and then ... Neptune. That just feels so good to me when I pick up this piece. I know it's not much compared to so many of you, but I'm feeling pretty good about it. I just love this design and the fabric is so very easy to stitch on I really should find more time to put into it. I haven't gotten back to Atlantis Storykeep yet either but I've decided to put a little more

August 6

concentration into my BAPs and lay off some of the little things this month, so maybe I can post again in August.

Now I'm off to spend some time seeing what all of you have been up to. I did browse for a couple of minutes before I decided to type while I can still see and some of you are just blazing along. Your pictures and stories give me such wonderful encouragement. Keep those needles burning! And thanks for looking.


My Blog, home of the Totally Useless SAL, come on over and join the fun.
My Photo Albums


Carolyn NC said...

That's a awful lot of stitching early in the morning - I'm so impressed. Looks great!

Cindy F. said...

Goodness Yoyo!!! That's some awesome progress girl!! Good job!!