Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lady Godiva

For Christmas I received a RAK from Liz, over on the HAED BB. It is Mini Gypsy Firefly, straight from the top of my wishlist! I started on Christmas Day, but after a couple hundred stitches I decided I didn't like the way it looked. Restarted in tent, but didn't like it either. Retarted on a totally different fabric and count and thought I could live with the results. Nope. So now I've put her away to cool off until I get a new piece of fabric. I really hope a fresh start will keep my love of her alive!

Meanwhile, Lady Godiva insisted on some attention! Here she is where I started back last week.


I am a slow stitcher, but hopefully I'll find my way back here much sooner with an update on her!

Happy stitching to you all!
Sabine

2 comments:

Marie said...

Sabine, it's a joy to see you here !

I am sure that you will find the right way for your Mini Gypsy Firefly. The little break until you have the new fabric for her will surely be salutary. And then, in hindsight, you will find the new and positive energy that she needs to come to life.

Your work on Lady Godiva is perfect ! Look how the page is growing ! Really, you can be proud of yourself, because even if it's difficult, you manage to show us a wonderful progress.

I am looking forward to see your next update, Sabine.
Until then, I wish you great and relaxing moments with your stitching.

Marie.

Sabine S. said...

Hi Marie!
Your comments are always so thoughtful and encouraging! Thank you!!! What are you stitching on these days? Write me off list if you ever want to sbnschaefer@yahoo.com
Sabine