Thursday, February 3, 2011

QS Oliana Otter and Snow Flake Fairy Tail by Farhana

Hello everyone! This will be my first post on this blog, courtesy of by blog buddy Barbara! This is what I am working on right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

QS Oliana Otter - Hannah Lynn

20 count off-white Lugana - 1 x 1 cross stitch

Stitch count - 175 x 248

Pages - 9 pages

Floss - 90 colours

WIP frame - Handi-clamps scroll frame - 14" x 6"

Finished design measurement - 8.75" x 12.4"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what the final product should look like:


And this is what I have accomplished to date:




Isn't she gorgeous? I started this design back in August 2010, and then put it aside in September 2010 to focus on my studies. I picked it up again last week and am now working exclusively on all the black outlining in this picture. This picture is rather confetti heavy, so I'm pretty much working my floss colours by the number of stitches in descending order. Hopefully that will make this picture easier to stitch. Oh... I am making one massive change to the design. My younger sister requested that I do Oliana's hair in shades of indigo to violet, rather than the dirty blonde she is in the picture. I will do that in the end once I've finished stitching up every other detail but her hair. I will be spending some time on cross stitch software trying to figure out the appropriate floss changes. I will need to frog the little bit off blonde I've stitched back in August... bit it isn't all that much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Snow Flake Fairy Tail - Melissa Dawn

25 count lambswool Jobelan - 2 x 1 tent stitch

Stitch count - 350 x 437

Pages - 25 pages

Floss - 90 colours

WIP frame - Handi-clamps scroll frame - 20" x 8"

Finished design measurement - 14" x 17.5"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what the final product should look like:


And this is what I have accomplished to date:

 
 
I started this project on January 5, 2011 and worked for two weeks. In these two weeks I finished a page and half of tent stitching! My God this stitches fast, but then again I have only been working on two colours, navy blue and black. I had to mount this project on my scroll frame sideways as I am unable to accommodate the the length of the design on my largest scroll rods. I'm not having any trouble working on this piece sideways, so that's awesome! I do not want to have to buy more scroll rods if I can avoid it. I have put this one aside in favour of Olianna for now aiming to cycle between my two ongoing HaED projects every two weeks.

Well, that's all for now. Barbara, thank you so much for posting this for me!

Farhana

7 comments:

SporadicStitcher said...

Hello! It's Farhana aka SporadicStitcher. Just subscribing for my posting so that I don't miss any comments that I must reply to.

sharine said...

Awesome wips!
Cheers,Sharine

Magally said...

I love the 2 designs you're working on ! Good luck with your projects !

Sabine S. said...

Hi and welcome!Fingers crossed for the successful hair color change. It think it will look great!
Sabine

Terri said...

Welcome and wonderful stitching

threadbear said...

Beautiful wips! I look forward to seeing them more :-)

SporadicStitcher said...

Thanks,guys! :)