Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sabine's Astronomer

I can't believe another stitchy week has passed already! Here are the before and after pics of The Astronomer.



After all the complaining I did about the black last week, I must be fair and say that #310 and I have made our peace. As you can see, I went out of my way to continue stitching in black! At first I had some technical difficulties with the black, though. The floss is thinner and harsher than the blues and greens I had been using and I had to loosen my stitch tension because the bottom of the crosses were slipping through the Lugana. It also knots alot and frays easily, but the lack of color stimulation has been soothing!

Till next week,
Sabine

8 comments:

Wendy said...

It is a nice progress already!
I started also with a lot of black on my piece ;)

Astrid said...

Sabine...you did much !! good work... yhe when you use to it the blacks arent that bad ....

CathE said...

You've made great progress with this piece. I'm really looking forward to further updates.

Jan said...

It's looking good. Try using shorter strands of the black. I don't think it frays as much when it is shorter.

Carolyn NC said...

Great progress, Sabine!

Cindy F. said...

Awesome progress Sabine! and way to get yourself in the right place mentally for the black stitching:)
Good job!

kerbear said...

That's a ton of progress! I totally know what you mean about the darker colors fraying. For some reason mine have been doing that like crazy lately. I've tried thread heaven and using shorter strands and nothing seems to work. So I definitely understand where you are coming from! Hopefully you can move onto some other colors very soon!

Beck said...

I'm glad to see you've made peace with 310 and glad too that you're using Qsnaps - my favourites!! Congrats on the progress, dear one.