Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Spam

I know that you have noticed the SPAM that has been showing up here on the blog.  This started happening when we set up the email address for buddies.  Since that email address posts directly to the blog there is no way we can stop it.  I get an email anytime a post is made to the blog via that email address.  I try to get here and delete them as soon as I can.  But they sometimes come in overnight, so I don't see them until I get online in the morning.  There really is nothing I can do about it, other than shut down the email posting address.  If that happens, our buddies would have to go back to sending their updates to full members and having to wait for that member to post their updates.  If anyone has a suggestion on how to avoid the SPAM (other than shutting down that address) please let me know.  Thanks.

UPDATE:  Thanks for your comments.  I've changed the email postings to 'save emails as draft posts'.  This means that any post coming in via email will have to wait for me to publish.  So buddies keep that in mind.

2 comments:

Dylimes said...

Louanne, unless I'm mistaken you can change a portion of the e-mail address. I believe the beginning of the address is locked, but the middle, before "@blogger.com" can be changed. It might not be a permanent solution, but it might be a temporary one. I'd also contact Google, they might be able to give you some tips.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Also I thought there was an option to moderate posts before they go up from the email.