Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jolly Old Fellow

Hello.  I'm Elfie (Lynne F in Australia).  I haven't posted here since July 2010, when I was working on page 8 of Jolly Old Fellow.  I have now (at last!) finished Jolly Old Fellow, so I wanted to put in a pic, in case any of you remember my project.  I started JOF in January 2009, and worked on him for some months each year for a total of 13 months over the 4 years.  This year I finished pages 14 to 36.  I am so pleased to have finally put in those final stitches, and now I am keen to have him framed.  JOF was my first HAED, and it has certainly been a steep learning curve for me over the past 4 years.  This project has taught me lots of things about myself – many of which I would have preferred to remain ignorant about!  I do love the finished Santa – especially when viewed from a distance, when he seems to be three dimensional.

7 comments:

Mamainstitches said...

Awesome! Great stitching! Congrats on your finish. I am also struggling with my first HAED no finish in sight yet though but still stitching on it. Very slow moving for me.

sharine said...

He is gorgeous! Congratulations on your super finish.

Anonymous said...

stunning

karmen said...

It's really wonderful. Congratulations for your work.

Manuela said...

Congratulations for your work.
The Santa Claus is very beautiful.

Greetings Manuela

Alejandra said...

ha quedado hermoso Santa! felicitaciones!!

Anonymous said...

it's stunning, bravo!
*linotte from france*